The exec task needs a command to execute

I received this ridiculously inane error message when attempting to compile a visual studio 2008 solution this evening. I spent some time investigating as I had just upgraded the solution which was originally created in 2005.

In fact the issue was caused not by the conversion but by an empty line in the pre-build event box. I know, I know - it was sloppy of me to leave an empty line in the first place but this is another example of a wonderful IDE let down by silly little bugs - I know for a fact that the microsoft corporation has the ability to remove empty strings!!! In the end I manually removed the empty string and all returned to normal - a few more minutes of my life that I'm not getting back :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirth

Excel - Adding an existing Pivot table to the data model

Getting Started with Mirth (Part 1)