The Death of ITVN

A couple of months ago I posted (http://irwinj.blogspot.com/2008/01/itvn-is-this-end.html) about ITVN, a streaming media service providing access to a host of channels, my favorite being Setanta Sports. This service had provided very positive results until about 3 months ago when uptime and performance began to suffer, server downtime increases and, about two weeks ago, people - myself included - were double-charged for their monthly service. Forums were taken offline, phone numbers made inaccessible and emails (in my recent experience) ignored. Over the last few days ITVN has disappeared as a listed provider on Setanta's site, almost definitely signalling the end. Tonight, as I sat down to watch the Six Nations Rugby tournament, all servers were offline and Setanta inacessible. A little googling led to this page (link) where a user reported receiving an email from setanta (he provided a screenshot) with the following quote:

"Dear Setanta SubscriberSetanta on ITVNWe are as sorry as you to learn that
ITVN will no longer be able to provide you with access to Setanta Sports. You
may still be receiving the channel as of today but that will come to end this
month as ITVN has ceased to trade."

The screenshot provided in this post seems to confirm receipt of the alleged email, and thus the end of ITVN. Given ITVN's refusal to answer my emails, I will personally be taking matters into my own hands and cancelling payment through my credit card company marking what appears to be a sad end to a promising service. Goodbye ITVN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirth

Excel - Adding an existing Pivot table to the data model

Visual Studio 2012–Debug in Chrome Incognito Mode