More MSTest Woes – Location of the file or directory is not trusted

This one was easier to investigate than my previous post. To be fair this one is not the fault of Visual Studio or MSTest. Running my tests I began to see the following error message.

Failed to queue test run 'jirwin@mypc 2010-07-02 14:22:48': Test Run deployment issue: The location of the file or directory 'c:\mypath\bin\debug\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll' is not trusted.

A number of posts online suggested changing the trust levels for specific directories but, having used Vista and now Windows 7 for some time, I correctly figured that the libraries in question (in this case Unity) were downloaded from the internet and therefore were not trusted.

Looking at the properties of the files (the above error occurred for a number of libraries) I was relieved to see that my hunch was correct and I would not need to touch my security setting. Unblocking the files (see the screenshot below) fixed the issue immediately. Happy days!

image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirth

Excel - Adding an existing Pivot table to the data model

Visual Studio 2012–Debug in Chrome Incognito Mode