Introducing oreilly-downloader

This week I created a Ruby script to facilitate downloading purchased video content from O’Reilly. I love O’Reilly’s products, especially their videos, but the need to download each video file individually, while understandable, is very frustrating and time consuming (note: it is possible to stream videos, but I like to watch my purchases while on the go when I typically don’t have an internet connection)
The code is pretty simple – using the mechanize gem to log into the site (after requesting credentials), and loop through the pages of video product purchases, downloading each mp4 file that doesn’t exist locally (complete with loading status via the mechanize-progressbar gem!).
Here’s the link:
https://github.com/irwinj/oreilly-downloader
If any O’Reilly folks are reading and have any questions or concerns, please drop me a line!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirth

Excel - Adding an existing Pivot table to the data model

Getting Started with Mirth (Part 1)