Installing Couchbase on Windows 8
This weekend I played around with Couchbase’s caching infrastructure on my Windows 8 box. Getting things set up was a bit of a nightmare, but thanks to some perseverance and much Googling, I got things up and running.
You’re likely to run into two issues post install:
- Post install: Navigating to localhost:8091 resulted in an error page
- Upon successful login: the Active Servers count is 0 and the Servers Down count is 1
The following guide should address both issues
- Install Couchbase as usual
- Fix IP Address issue. For some reason the registration process generated a strange IP address on my box. Looking at the registration script it became obvious that the IP was saved and subsequently read from an ipaddr.out file
- Copy the file C:\Program Files\Couchbase\Server\bin\ipaddr.out to your desktop and replace the IP with 127.0.0.1
- Copy the modified version back to C:\Program Files\Couchbase\Server\bin\
- Grab a copy of libtcmalloc_minimal-4 from the relevant link in the following issue log
- C:\Program Files\Couchbase\Server\bin\service_reregister.bat
I hope this saves somebody else some time!